Financial HardshipWe’ll do all we can to help you when you need it the most.
Clear Broadband is committed to working with and assisting customers that are faced with financial hardship, to maintain their services.
From time to time unforeseen events occur that may affect a customer’s ability to pay for their service/s that has been used. For these events, we have a Financial Hardship Policy to assist with customers current financial commitments.
- Our Team would be happy to assist with any inquiries and can be reached on 1300 855 215, between the hours of 9:00am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) or by email email@example.com.
- If an extension is required to pay an account, customers should contact us prior to receiving their monthly account or reminder notice. We may be able to arrange a payment plan which will allow payment by installments.
- We will assess each customer’s application on an individual basis. Part of the assessment process will include asking the customer questions and provide evidence regarding their financial position including, – If they are currently employed, their current income details If the situation is temporary, The type of broadband service required and ongoing usage requirements.
- Clear Broadband can negotiate a payment arrangement. The arrangement determined will be based on the level of Financial Hardship and assistance required.
- Where we have agreed on a payment arrangement, we will not proceed or start any credit management / debt collection action. If a customer’s circumstances change we will consider amendments to the arrangement.
- It is the customers responsibly to make payments as per the agreed payment arrangements.
- If we agree to a payment arrangement and it is not kept, customer’s risk suspension, termination of the service and reconnection or early termination fees may apply as per the terms of the contract.
- We also recommend that for customers that are experiencing financial hardship to contact a free community counsellor.
The link for this website will take you directly to a page that allows you to search for a financial counsellor by entering your area code into the search option. A list of local counsellors with their contact details will be detailed below the map. Or phone on 1800 007 007 and the number will automatically switch through to the service in the state or territory closest to you. Hours of operation are 9:30 – 4:30pm.
- In the event a customer refuses to pay due to the following:
a) The amount due is a surprise / objects to the amount or
b) An absence of knowledge that a payment arrangement can be negotiated.
If there is no evidence of financial hardship, Clear Broadband will not be able to consider or assisting and we may start or proceed with debt collection / credit management process.
For our full policy on Financial Hardship please refer to the attached document or contact Clear Broadband on 1300 855 215 and we can send one to you.