nbn™ Sky Muster™ (Satellite)
The Sky Muster™ service have two state-of-the-art satellites to provide remote and regional Australian with access to broadband speeds that most people in metropolitan areas take for granted.
The satellites will be supported by a network of 10 ground stations, each featuring two 13.5 metre satellite dishes. The ground stations have been built in specific locations across Australia to maximise both the availability and capacity of the system. The satellites are designed to enable nbn to deliver broadband services to more than 200,000 rural and remote homes and businesses with wholesale download speeds of up to 25Mbps.
Satellite coverage and speed
The Sky Muster™ service will cover mainland Australia and its external territories, such as Norfolk Island, Christmas Island, Macquarie Island and the Cocos Islands.
The wholesale speed options that will be available to internet service providers via the Sky Muster™ service are 12Mbps download with a 1Mbps upload, or 25Mbps download with a 5Mbps upload. The 25Mbps (wholesale) download option is designed to revolutionise fast broadband for rural and remote Australia.*
What are the features of a Skymuster Satellite plan?
- 5 FREE email addresses (additional email addresses available for small cost)
- FREE spam and virus filtering (note, no quarantine management on our free service, upgrade to suremessage filtering for a small cost)
- 10MB of free web space (upgradeable to 1GB for a small fee)
- A static IP address
- Free plan change available
- Includes FREE ClearTalk/VoIP calls on network to other ClearTalk users
- National support number staffed Monday to Friday 9am-6pm